Friday, September 26, 2008

A Rainy Day Musing

It's been rainy the past couple of days in the DC-Metro area. I'm not sure what this type of weather does to you, but I often seem to become more reflective and introspective than usual.

Businesses going under, major declines in the stock market, Presidential campaign controversy, lost jobs, the war in Iraq lingering on and on...our world seems pretty screwed up and most of the scenarios to turn things around seem rather depressing. Thank God I was able to remove myself from the madness by going into the recording studio this week!

What is so cool for me during the recording process is the reconnection I feel to the music we have been practicing and/or performing for a long time. What feelings do the tunes and words evoke in me now, how do I express these feelings through song? The experience is thrilling and humbling all at the same time.

Yesterday I was confronted by the sheer need of the words to Angel's Prayer - an original piece we are recording for our new CD. I wrote the words several months ago after waking from a rather disturbing night's sleep. I had been tossing and turning over all of the turmoil in our world. Where was the hope? Where was the love? Where was the peace? And, more importantly, what was I doing about it?

Rest assured that no matter where you are today (physically, emotionally, financially) someone is thinking about you and praying for peace. You have my word on it!

Janice

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Janice for your great thoughts. It's all in God's hands, thankfully. We are anxiously awaiting your new cd. I've been spreading the word. Have a great fall and winter season. May God bless your holidays. Norma K Michigan